Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Friday, May 20, 2011

Early Birthday Happiness

My husband has always been a great gift-buyer. For my 17th birthday, our first together, he bought me a locket with cutouts from this picture in it:



Along with a book signed by one of my favorite comedic writers.

If you have read our story you know that for our first Valentine's Day, my then-boyfriend of just over a month sang me a song he had written for me in front of our entire school cafeteria (probably in the same exactly location as shown in the above picture) and gave me what at the time was my favorite flower (white roses because I was wicked unique that way).

Soo, you know.

He told me last night that he was going to give me my birthday gifts early (my birthday is actually May 27. Gifts will be accepted up to and beyond that day, thank you).  I am a huge sucker for the excitement of birthday gifts and funnery so I couldn't wait until I made it home after an obscenely long travel day to see what he'd come up with.

I came home at around 1:00 a.m. to find a bouquet of beautiful wildflowers on the table:





And, of course, an AngryBirds plush toy:

In case you're wondering, yes, Rob squeezed the button on his head, which makes AngryBirds noises, and threw it at me several times.

And finally, he hacked into my ModCloth account to find out my clothing size (this has happened before with Etsy...I got this beautiful ring out of it so no biggie) and bought me a lovely pencil skirt and collared long-sleeve shirt from Nordstrom.  There's no way I'm getting in front of the camera for a photoshoot looking like I do now, so I hope this picture of a slightly similar outfit suffices:


This is not me.
And of course, lots of kisses and hugs.

Suffice it to say my birthday has already been pretty awesome and it hasn't even started yet. Oh, and my husband continues his reign of awesomeness.

Anyone have any plans for after the Rapture?  Have you made sure your pets will be safe and cared for should you be among the lucky ones that get to leave? And for those of you left over, want to meet for drinks or something?

10 comments:

  1. HAHA! so down for drinks if the world comes to an end! hahah.

    what an awesome husband! those wildflowers are gorgeous. i think it's so awesome, and super sweet, that you've been together since such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet hubby! the flowers are beautiful! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too sweet! You're one lucky lady:) I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you tomorrow; we really should have some sort of internet soiree, you know just to celebrate, um, critical thinking:D Happy early birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie he is. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! just stumlbed on your blog :) what a thoughtfull hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Sounds like quite the hip husband you have!

    I'm down in Florida but will be in Rhode Island for a wedding, hence the photo shoot. I bet Maine is beautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart! Can't wait to see you in the skirt and shirt.

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, I follow you now. Hope you like to follow back, it would make me really happy.

    LOVE minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh fun! i love early birthday stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angry Bird AWESOMENESS!!!! Also I love the young photo of you two! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.