Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some Letters I've Been Meaning to Write II

Dear Weather,

Please stop with the 50-degree, rainy days.  It's May. I want warm and happy and sunny and lovely.  I'm on a lovely campus this week and I'd love to frolic about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Windshield Wipers,

I would appreciate it if you would move to the beat of the song I'm listening to both more often and for longer periods of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sneezes,
 
I take far too much a rational amount of pleasure when you occur on the downbeat of a song, particularly on that downbeat between a verse and the start of a chorus.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dear Radio Station here in Rochester,
 
You have to be the most random radio station ever. I heard "Baby's Black Balloon" twice in the last few days, along with RHCP, 1990s Alanis Morrisette, and some other unidentifiable crap.  Please play consistently good songs.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Hotel Restaurant,
 
Drinks were delicious but I've been reacting all day from the chicken you served me.  I would ask that your chefs look into gluten-free dining for the sake of your hotel guests.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Myself,
 
It was really stupid of you to eat the chicken that the hotel restaurant served you, especially when the waitress implied that panko breadcrumbs might be okay and then offered you rolls (sidenote: there were no breadcrumbs on my chicken).  Let's both hope that the gluten-free menu at tonight's restaurant is reliable.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear TBS,

Family Guy, the Office, and Seinfeld reruns are good. Conan is good.  "King of Queens" and anything by Tyler Perry is freaking stupid.  Please become cognizant of these facts and offer me programming that does not totally suck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Robbie,
 
I hope you know how happy it makes me when I get random texts from you that say no more than "Mewf!" particularly because I know that texting on your circa-2003 flip phone is an arduous affair.  Thank you for brightening my day.
 
Love,  
Caitlin xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I agree, this dang weather needs to changed. Snowed where I'm at today! Love the office!!

    new follower..
    our-little-fam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesss i love re-runs. i think that older family guy was funnier than the new stuff. did you see this weeks? i didn't think it was that funny...
    YAY for cute texts from boyfriend! i like the ones that just have a smiley face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha- love the letter to your windshield wipers. We have rain today and tomorrow too. This is NOT why I live in California! Rain rain go away.

    Hope you feel better tomorrow from the hotel food.
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh you too! We have been getting rain when it was just barely sunny this last weekend, SUCKS! Hope it warms up for you and ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha these are perfect. LOVED the windshield wipers one especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the windscreen wiper letter! That would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so great! Maybe if I wrote a letter to the weather here it would smarten up:)
    I've nominated you for a blog award because I just adore your blog and always look forward to your posts. The details can be found on my May 18th post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha love the windshield wiper one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the cutest little letters! I have actually been writing a mini letter/note/thought down each day while my fiancé is in Peru for 7 weeks doing research to let him know my thoughts for that day so he can read them when he gets back and I'm sure will be fun to look back on myself as well! Lovely blog you have and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it today!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE King of Queens, I think it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.