Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Bits & Pieces

Happy Monday, all! I hope you had a great weekend.  Thank you for your comments on my last post; as always, your support is greatly appreciated.

Rob and I had a pretty busy weekend that went by really quickly.  It finally started to feel like November, which makes me sad but also excited for the upcoming holiday season.

Here is our weekend, bits and pieces style:

Saturday:

Rob and I got up and headed to his brother and sister-in-law's house.  We caught up on the first 5 or so episodes of Dexter this season (does anyone else love this show? We've been watching it for years and we're totally addicted) and later went to Chipotle (!!!) and finally to an AHL hockey team in Portland.  I'm not a big sports fan but for some reason I'm rather drawn to hockey.  So much so that I've bought two jerseys for the two teams we actually follow.  Who cares that I still am not totally sure how "boarding" differs from how hockey players normally slam each other into the walls and that I have to continually ask Rob why that guy is sitting in the see-through jail box?

(Also, isn't my husband's "No-Shave November" beard absolutely majestic? I won't mind if you voice your support of it in the comments...I secretly want him to keep it)

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday:

My mom's birthday was on Saturday so we decided to surprise her by taking her out to lunch.  My little sister and my 2-year-old niece came to our house so we could drive there together.  Before they came I did some sweeping to wrangle all the stray dog hair, which is always disheartening as it's impossible to get ahead of.  This is what I managed to find solely under Cypress's bed, and one reason why you might want to reconsider adopting a dog with Husky blood (and no, I don't mind showing you how dirty my house can get):

Photobucket

Also, I wore these awesome slippers and PJ pants while I cleaned:

Photobucket

Lunch with my mom was amazing! We had delicious Mexican food and massive margaritas (win!).  My niece Brielle got sick, but we had fun together taking a walk in the amazing 70-degree weather.

Afterward we drove home, where Robbie made us dinner.  Well, he tried, but Brielle was reaching and crying for the the entire time.  Since Brielle was 5 or 6 months she has been absolutely infatuated with Rob and it is absolutely adorable to see them snuggling together.  I'd show you pictures but my sister is pretty sensitive about photos of Brielle appearing online so out of respect for her I will refrain.  I promise, it's pretty cute.

Monday:

Today Ashleen and I made Nutella lava cookies (which, spoiler alert, may appear here later) and watched countless episodes of Dora the Explorer with Brielle.  I have to say, you don't know quiet until your two-year-old niece leaves your house.  I really enjoyed spending time with her and my sister; though we're only 2 hours apart it can be hard to find time to get together.  I was sad to see them go but hey, Thanksgiving is only a few days away!

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good weekend. I'm not a big sports fan either, but I think I'd enjoy hockey as well...it's still on my list of things to do. By the way...love your cute little slippers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hockey is the best sport evah!!! :)Totally digging the Rob beard, it's a good look on him! I believe all the hair, now that we have 3 dogs I am sweeping every other day instead of once a week, it's crazy!

    Oh and I want your slippers. You should send them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you got your chipolte!! um and dexter...our favorite show. are you on the current season? i am loving this season.

    i didn't know cypress was party husky! so is bailey dog.

    the beard looks good. that's about as far as jon gets then shaves ;( i've got a thing for beards. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. We watched JUST got caught up on Dexter. Yay for Showtime on demand! We actually decided that Scott's dog would be Dexter if he were human. He's very methodical and kind of scary.
    B. The pictures of Brielle and Rob are quite adorable. However, I'm pretty sure she's the cutest child ever. And that's coming from someone who is somewhat frightened by children:)
    C. Rotties shed just as much as Huskies so you probably have it from both sides. Unfortunately with rotties, it's course hair that does not "clump" and winds up everywhere. Sweeping just pushes it around.
    D. Hope to see you in Florida next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a pretty perfect winter-weather weekend. Mine was .... freezing. :) Why is Denmark so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LOVE Dexter!! This season's getting to be a really good one too. =]
    And you know what? I'm a fan of beards. Everyone kept trying to tell Ryan to shave his beard but me, and when he finally did I was so devastated! Now his face is all scratchy again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend! That amount of fur is the story of my life. Such is the life with husky-like dogs (mine is a mix husky/shepherd like Cypress but I think I've mentioned how very different they look)... Apparently they lose just as much hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are so adorable. And yes, I like the beard, too, Caitlin! Heron was sporting quite the mountain man beard until recently. He trimmed it and I was pretty bummed. I like him good and hairy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are very pro-beard in this house. we say make it no shave winter! added bonuses: a warm face and a burly mountain man look (dudes love the mountain man look...all of them). oh plus...he can grow it for sport and we can all go on the world beard championship cruise together. http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.