Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Things That Make me Happy

You all likely remember my Things That Make Me Jealous post because yeah, I'm memorable.  If you missed it basically I explained in my own crotchety way those little things that make me feel jealous.

This time for your benefit I've decided in this post to be a Positive Polly (the frilly, glittery sister of Negative Nancy...totally a thing, don't worry about it) and share with you some things that have been making me happy.

1. Rob coming home from work. He's always so excited to see the dog me and is extremely thankful to have dinner on the table or at least close to it.  Plus I've taken to making our bed every day and he loves it.  

Photobucket

2. Sleeping in a newly-made bed.  Even if the sheets aren't freshly cleaned it still feels more comfortable somehow.

Photobucket

3. So many MST3K episodes in my possession to watch during the day.  When Rob was home he'd watch hours and hours of Kitchen Nightmares--which is apparently on all day on every channel from 12pm to around 3pm--then Ellen and The Doctors.  These shows bore the shit out of me so I've just been falling back on all the old MST3K episodes I used to watch in college.

Photobucket

4. Rob doing an assload of dishes before he leaves for work so I don't have to do all of them by myself.

5. Walking Cypress during the day. Frankly this has become a source of stress ever since we got caught between two fucking coyotes calling to one another, but I haven't seen one yet so I'm slowly relaxing.  I keep imagining in my head that Cypress will meet and fall in love with one and I'll have to cruelly pull them apart because he's from the wrong side of the tracks and we don't mix with his kind. Then I don't know, Cypress will learn some crazy dance number and sing to the stars through her locked window and I'll have a change of heart and welcome the coyote into our family.**  No, I haven't been stuck at home by myself for too long.

6. Needing to wear sunscreen outside because it's so damn sunny and warm in April you guys!

7. My husband's hot ass in his work uniform, and how focused he is on looking his best when he goes to work. He's wearing hand-me-down pants now while he waits for his order to come through, and it drives him nuts how stained they are.  This is the man who wears cut-off BDU shorts that are quite literally falling apart and the same white t-shirt every single day of the week by the way.

Photobucket

What is making you happy today?

**After I wrote this Cypress actually had a run-in with the coyotes, which involved her running angrily at them and them running away in fear. One of them followed her and Rob, not aggressively but just with curiosity.  Robbie had to throw a rock in its general direction to deter it from following humans, but I'm still imagining the coyote to actually be secretly in love with Cypress, who initially seems disinterested but really is turned on by his bad boy ways.  Kind of a Julia Stiles/Heath Ledger from "10 Things I Hate About You" kind of a thing.

21 comments:

  1. I feel like your writing has changed over the past couple of weeks, and I like it. You seem very real, and like you're writing exactly they way you think and talk. I like this change in your writing! Keep it up :)
    --Halie
    [http://penguinspastapolkadots.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, that is very sweet of you to say! :)

      Delete
  2. i like sleeping in a bed with freshly washed sheets. i halfway make my bed everyday, so the sheets are kind of where they are supposed to be. but i'm not too good about regularly washing my sheets. gross, i know. but hey, that's why you love me. 'cause i'm nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome chap you have!

    Yes, I'm with you on the freshly made bed and MST3K and people helping with the dishes. Wish it was warm enough for sunscreen here, though...!

    I actually have a jealousy post referring to yours scheduled for later today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He *is* handsome eh? I'm a fan. When will it start to get sunscreen-warm there?

      And I greatly enjoyed your jealousy post :)

      Delete
  4. You guys seriously have such a great patio and an even better view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie pies! Love your patio! and I totally love a freshly made bed too, however ours usually only gets made when real grown ups come over. :P

    and I am making myself happy today! I'm kicking ass and taking names! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been doing it every morning because the Unfuck your Habitat tumblr shows up in my feed every morning and says "MAKE YOUR BED, NO EXCUSES." What can I say, I bow to authority!

      Glad you're making yourself happy! Rock on!

      Delete
  6. Yeah I don't think you really have to worry about coyotes that much, we had them near our place when I was growing up and they're just big ol' dummies. I think the only danger is if one gets cornered or if they're in a big pack? But meh, walking around with a dog in the daytime, whatever. Although I hope Cypress doesn't fall for one, that would be awkward at the wedding. Like, "oh hey sorry I threw that rock at you, now I'm your father-in-law".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it to be kind of like the confrontation between Patrick Swayze and Jerry Orbach's characters in "Dirty Dancing."

      Delete
  7. you had me at positive polly. and then i died laughing at number five. you are ridiculously funny, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe you're too kind to me! But thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Hahaha Heath Ledger coyote. You just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure he could also be a Patrick Swayze coyote....from "Dirty Dancing." :)

      Delete
  9. Woot! Love the spirit-- I'm with you on the made bed {which I haven't had lately...sigh} & the MST3K {Manos: The Hands of Fate FTW}.

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha cute post. I hope for your sake Cypress doesn't fall in love with a coyote.. That is just a doomed love story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up and reading this fully :-)
    A clean home makes me happy and clean sheets, it makes sleep that night so much better :-)
    Also sunshine but not blistering hot, just nice enough to hang outside :-)
    And my hot husband
    and adorable son
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.