Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Friday, May 11, 2012

Our Week...with Gratuitous Sunset Photos

As usual I am sensitive to the plight of many blog readers and am breaking up the blocks of text with photos I have taken.  These sunset pictures were taken last night from our driveway and our patio.

Well it's Friday, I guess, huh? My weeks are all jacked up thanks to Rob's schedule, and the fact that he refers to his "weekend" (Wednesday-Thursday) as Friday and Saturday even though those aren't the right days.  I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday, seriously.

Photobucket

This week was rough, guys.  I didn't write a lot about it because I was trying my damnedest to ignore it, which, news flash, doesn't really work.  I didn't do any of my therapy worksheets or even really look at them and I half-assed all the mind exercises I was supposed to do.  I also didn't do any Jillian Michaels workouts after Monday which I paid for today when I finally got off my ass.

We did go out with some of Rob's crew on Wednesday ("Saturday"), which was a total blast, but my night was still tinged with anxiety and self-doubt as so many of my nights often are.  As an aside, we ended up at a bar called Molly's, which was somewhat surprisingly full of Latin-Americans singing Spanish karaoke.  Yay melting pot!

Photobucket

Anyway I won't get into the details of my emotionally insane week except to say that it was all turned around by a visit to my therapist and some hardcore validating snuggles from my sick husband.  I don't know where that man finds the patience to deal with the same issues over and over again but let's just say I want stock in that mine.

So let's move onward and upward.  Today I sat in on a class that ended up getting cancelled, then went to the dog park with Natalie and her beasties.  The weather was beautiful albeit a little chilly for my taste (as it's been for the last week and a half or so).  New Mexico is hardly in any danger of wildfires because of weather--excluding the idiots starting campfires they can't control--and it's too early for most other states to begin having fires so Rob has yet to be called out for the big kahuna.  Arizona seems to be lighting up a bit so who knows.

My sisters come in less than two weeks (yay!) so I'm starting to become positive that he won't be around by the time they fly in.  It's a bummer, but as I told Rob, I need to get used to the idea of him not being around so it doesn't blindside me as it did last time, and part of me is happy that they'll most likely be here when I'm already alone. I even made a list of things to do during fire time (yes, I just put "fire" in front of everything Rob does and giggle) so I'll be ready with an arsenal of activities.  Gotta do what you can right? All in the pursuit of SANITY I suppose.

Photobucket

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else heard any music by Hank Williams III? I always thought Junior did such a horrific job of carrying on his father's legacy, but III seems to be totally fucking rocking it.  One of Rob's superiors let him borrow a CD and we love it so far.  

Well friends, I hope you're all doing well and I hope your weekend is magical.  I plan on laying around a lot as usual and maybe taking a bath or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.