Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Friday, August 10, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

I've been seeing these posts out and about and I hesitated jumping on the bandwagon, mostly because I share pretty much everything with you guys (sorry about that, by the way) and it might be hard for me to come up with shit you don't already know.  But hey, I'm up for a challenge, and I have a few new readers, so here goes.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
This is officially my go-to picture for awkward posts.

If You Really Knew Me, You'd Know...

1. My rib cage is asymmetrical.  Rob and I actually just noticed this one, and most of my real-life friends don't know it so maybe it doesn't really belong on the list. ANYWAY.  The left side of my rib cage...ends? I guess?...higher then the right side.  I've looked it up and apparently this can be a sign of scoliosis (with which I've never been diagnosed), but Rob's best guess is that due to the kidney-sized hole left by a tumor and subsequent nephrectomy at a very young age my ribcage developed differently on that side. I wanted to ask my doctor about it out of pure curiosity, but I'd already asked her about the possibility of other autoimmune diseases because of my celiac disease and I didn't want to seem like a hypochondriac. I debated showing you guys a photo but decided that might just be too awkward.

2. When it comes to crushes on famous people, I tend to skew older. Right now it's a tie between Bruce Springsteen (63) and Mike Ness (50).

3.  I love documentaries and nonfiction books (especially true crime), mostly because drama and suspense tend to stress me out. This is also the reason that I tend to watch the same shows and movies over and over rather than branch out.

4. I swear a lot.  Rob and I both do. It's such a bad habit but I figure we have a few years before kids and might as well take advantage of the freedom.

5. I think a few of you know this, but I have a phobia of trains and train crossings. There are a few very active crossings her in Santa Fe so this has been a tough one in the last 6 months.

6. I like the process of getting tattoos. The pain sucks, sure, but I like how "present" it makes me feel (sounds weird, I know) and I love working with an artist to get exactly what I want, or sometimes, exactly what I didn't know I wanted.  Call me crazy.

If you decide to jump on the honesty bandwagon, leave me the link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.