Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Friday, August 17, 2012

Some More Randomness from my Bald Head

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Yep, still bald.

I feel like the majority of my blog posts lately have been long, rambling epistles about things I've been up to lately. If you're intensely bored by these types of posts, you probably should skip this one.

So as you guys know from Wednesday's post, there has been a whole lot of spontaneity going on here in Chez Caitlin and Rob. I am loving being bald.  I get stared at a lot, but I got used to that once I started getting visible tattoos, and at least no one is rubbing my head or asking invasive questions.  I think this is mostly due to the fact that everyone assumes I have cancer, and I guess that's just outside the realm of acceptable things to ask a total stranger.  Rob isn't home and has no idea that I did it, which is honestly making me a little anxious.

In the spirit of true spontaneity, the other day I bought the most ridiculous, impractical shoes on the face of the earth.  I have no idea where or in what context I'll wear them, but they were just too gorgeous (and too on sale) to pass up.  I never buy shit like this so I felt I was well within my rights.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It'll probably surprise many of you that I have a strong affection for ridiculous stilettos, especially given my personal style which can best be described as "Liz Lemon chic." I don't know what it is, but really sexy pumps just make me swoon.  It's not a foot fetish, I promise, and if you don't believe me just keep in mind that the only shoes my husband wears are beat-up Sambas and running shoes.   I will admit, however, that I've been wearing these around the house trying to become more adept at walking in them.  I stomp around like a gorilla in heels usually but YouTube videos on the subject have helped.

On Thursday night I drove to Albuquerque all by my lonesome to see RiffTrax Live.  It was so awesome.  So many fabulous, noisy nerds.  The movie they did, "Manos: The Hands of Fate" was so abysmal as to be hilarious in its own right even without the riffing. I'm hoping to go to their next show in October if we're around.

I know I bring up the X-Files in like, every single post lately, but can I just say how much I love the 1990s topical references?  Earlier today I watched an episode in which Mulder referenced the Spice Girls and two people just told Walter Skinner he was "lucky he didn't get his ear bit off" while boxing.  Weren't the 1990s great?

Other than all that life has been pretty boring here in the city of Holy Faith. My stomach hates me, presumably due to the lunches consisting of sunflower seeds and the dinners consisting of Gusher-filled pancakes, so I'm laying low until it gets back to normal. Do you guys have anything planned for the weekend? DO TELL because I'd like to live vicariously through you.

1 comment:

  1. I've been staying with my sister for the past month and a half. My husband came down last night to take us back come Sunday morning. Today, my family and I are throwing a birthday party for my son (3) and nephew (2). I'm pretty excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.